Thank you for coming down and getting tattooed at Skin Citys today!
The aftercare is as follows:
- Remove the cling film after 1 hour
- Wash it down with warm water and antibacterial soap, increasing the temperature of the water to as hot as you can take it, it won’t feel too nice but it will kick start the healing process.
- Dry the tattoo with a clean towel, taking care to pat the area dry. DO NOT rub it.
- Apply a small ‘pea’ sized amount of BEPANTHEN nappy rash cream to your tattoo. Make sure not to apply to much. Any excess cream should be gently removed.
- Repeat this procedure 2 to 3 times a day for one week. After the first week you can reduce this procedure to once a day.
During the healing process (approximately 1 to 2 weeks) it is important that you DO NOT do any of the following:
- Scratch or pick your tattoo
- Use sun beds
- Swim or submerge your tattoo under water
- Apply fake tan or any other chemical to the area
- Use any cream other than BEPANTHEN as recommended by your tattoo artist
Failure to follow the above after instructions may result in loss of colour, fading, heavy scabbing or infection. Look after your tattoo during the healing process and you will have a tattoo you can be proud of for the rest of your life!
If you have any problems with your tattoo, we encourage you to give us a call on 020 8428 4441 🙂